Agricultural fair to operate bingo, raffles, or amusement games (charitable or nonprofit organization)
"Agricultural fair" means a fair or exhibition which is intended to promote agriculture and support rural economic development by:
- including a balanced variety of exhibits of livestock and agricultural products, as well as related arts and manufactures
- including products of the farm home and educational contests, displays, and demonstrations designed to train youth
- promoting the welfare of farm people and rural living.
If you are a bona fide charitable or nonprofit organization that is an agricultural fair, you may apply to operate bingo, raffles, or amusement games. This license is valid for the duration of the fair.
Please complete and submit the following forms:
If there is any person (employee, volunteer, or member) who is not working solely for your organization that wants to offer bingo at your agricultural fair, they must apply for a separate permit to conduct bingo.
You must complete training within 30 days of the effective date of your license. Review the following rules, handouts, and videos thoroughly to ensure that you are in compliance with your activity:
- 230-06 Rules for all licensees (app.leg.wa.gov)
- 230-07 Charitable and nonprofit rules (apps.leg.wa.gov)
- Criminal Violations (PDF, 25 KB).
In addition to the above training for your activity, you must also review the following:
- Charitable / Nonprofit Gambling – Responsibilities of Officers and Board Members Video, Part 1 (www.youtube.com)
- Charitable / Nonprofit Gambling – Responsibilities of Officers and Board Members Video, Part 2 (www.youtube.com)
- Management Guidelines for the Charitable / Nonprofit Gambling Licensee (PDF, 550 KB)