Bingo games (charitable or nonprofit)

Learn what you need to offer charitable or nonprofit bingo games, including applications, training information, and recordkeeping requirements.

Who can apply for a bingo game license

If you are a bona fide charitable or nonprofit organization, you may offer unlicensed bingo activities in certain circumstances, and may also apply to offer licensed bingo games.

Learn more about our licensing requirements for charitable or nonprofit organizations.

About bingo games

Visit the Washington State Legislature site to see all the rules that govern bingo (

"Bingo game" means a game using bingo cards where bingo balls are drawn to determine a winner. All bingo games must have a winner determined by the matching of numbers on a bingo card with numbers on the balls called by the operator.

Unlicensed bingo games

You may offer a maximum of 2 unlicensed raffle, bingo, or amusement game events per calendar year. You may offer 1 of different types of activities, but the total number of unlicensed events cannot exceed 2 for the year.

  • You may allow the public to participate in the activity, as well as members of your organization
  • Liquor and firearms must not be awarded as prizes
  • Records must be kept for 1 year
  • Notify local police at least 5 days in advance
  • Bingo and amusement games can be offered up to 12 consecutive days
  • Gross revenues (money taken in) to the organization from all the activities together do not exceed $5,000 during any calendar year.

Licensed bingo games

You must have a gambling license if:

  • You want to offer more than 2 public raffles, bingo, or amusement game events in a calendar year
  • The combined gross revenue from your 2 unlicensed public raffles, bingo, or amusement game events will exceed $5,000 in a calendar year.

How to apply

In addition to all the materials outlined in our licensing process, the complete application includes:

Current licensees: Add bingo games to your existing gambling license

If you already have an active gambling license with us and would like to bingo games as a new activity, complete the "Add an Activity" application.

Bingo Game - Add an Activity to Charitable / Nonprofit Organization Application Packet (PDF, 500 MB)

If applying by mail

If you're applying by mail, make sure you use the correct address based on the carrier you're using.

For US Mail (No UPS or FedEx)

Washington State Gambling Commission
PO Box 42400
Olympia WA 98504-2400

For UPS, FedEx, and overnight packages

Washington State Gambling Commission
4565 7th Avenue SE
Lacey WA 98503

Required training

After we grant your license, you have 30 days to complete your required training:

Highest-Ranking Officer

In addition to the above training for your activity, you must also review the following:

Required recordkeeping

You must:

  • Keep records to provide in case we audit your business
  • Complete the records within 30 days of the last day of each month, every month.

Use these to help you keep records that meet our standards:

Retaining your records

You must retain the records for 3 years from the end of your fiscal year.

    Renewing your license

    Licenses expire each year. Learn more about how to renew your license.

    Reporting changes to your license

    There are certain changes you must tell us about. Learn how to report changes to your license.

      Helpful rules

      Learn who qualifies as a bona fide charitable or nonprofit organization (

      Learn when no license is required for bingo, raffles, and amusement games (