Distributor (equipment and supplies)
About distributor activities
Who can apply for a distributor license
If you are a commercial business, apply for a distributor license if you:
- Buy or otherwise obtain a finished piece of gambling equipment for use in authorized gambling activities from another person and sell or provide that gambling equipment to a third person for resale, display, or use
- The gambling equipment must come from a manufacturer licensed by the Washington State Gambling Commission
- Are a manufacturer who sells or provides gambling equipment you do not make to any other person for resale, display, or use
- Service and repair authorized gambling equipment
- Distributors must not add, modify, or alter the gambling equipment
- Modify gambling equipment using materials provided by manufacturers to upgrade equipment to current technology
- Buy or lease a group 12 amusement game from another licensee and sell or lease the group 12 amusement game to an amusement game licensee
- Provide training to licensed and potential punch board/pull-tab operators for compensation
- Provide assistance to gambling license applicants or licensees seeking gambling license renewal for compensation.
Gambling equipment means any device, gambling-related software, expendable supply, or any other paraphernalia used as a part of gambling or to make gambling possible. See what falls under the definition of gambling equipment (app.leg.wa.gov).
This license is different from a fund-raising event distributor license.
How to apply
If you would like to apply for a distributor license, complete and submit the 'Distributor of Authorized Gambling Paraphernalia and Supplies - Commercial Business Application Packet'.
If you are currently licensed and would like to add distributor as a new activity, complete and submit the ‘Add an Activity’ application.
Please complete and submit the following forms:
Submit your application
Mail us your completed application, using the correct mailing address based on which mailing service you use.
For US Mail
For UPS, FedEx, and overnight packages only
You must complete training within 30 days of the effective date of your license. Review the following rules and handouts thoroughly to ensure that you are in compliance with your activity:
- 230-03 Permitting licensing rules (app.leg.wa.gov)
- 230-06 Rules for all licensees (app.leg.wa.gov)
- 230-16 Manufacturer, distributor and gambling service supplier rules (app.leg.wa.gov)
- Distributors, service suppliers and their representatives orientation information (PDF, 25 KB)
- Learn what would be considered criminal violations (PDF, 25 KB).
Renewing your license
Licenses expire each year. Learn more about how to renew your license.
Reporting changes to your license
There are certain changes you must tell us about. Learn how to report changes to your license.