Distributor representative

See information about and learn how to apply for a distributor representative license.

Who can apply for a distributor representative license

You must apply for a distributor's representative license if you:

  • Are employed by a licensed distributor to:
    • Sell
    • Promote
    • Provide that distributor's gambling equipment or supplies.
  • Supervise those who do.

If you are a substantial interest holder in a gambling distributor, you do not need an individual license to perform representative duties connected with that licensed business.

Learn what a substantial interest holder is (app.leg.wa.gov)

About distributor's representatives

Visit the Washington State Legislature site to see all the rules that govern distributor's representatives (apps.leg.wa.gov).

How to apply

You may apply online (preferred) or by mail.

In addition to all the materials outlined in our licensing process, the complete application includes:

Applying online

Distributor representative applications are available online. Your employer must have a SecureAccess Washington (SAW) account with Washington State Gambling Commission's MyAccount services to submit the application on your behalf.

If they don't have a SAW account, learn how to register for SAW.

Employer registered with SAW and ready to apply for a distributor representative license

  1. Log into your WSGC MyAccount through SAW (secureaccess.wa.gov)
  2. Select the 'Employees' tab from the top menu
  3. Select 'Begin a new Individual License Application'
  4. Complete all fields in the application
  5. Select Finish. This will bring you back to the 'Employees' tab
  6. Select 'Upload ID to Employee Apps'
  7. Select 'Upload' and choose file(s) to upload
  8. Write a description, then select 'Upload File(s)'
  9. Once your uploads are completed, select 'Back to Applications'  
  10. Select 'Pay for Completed Application(s) in Shopping Cart'
  11. Select application(s) from list that you want to pay. Select 'Pay this Amount Now'
  12. Enter your checking / saving account information. Select 'Submit Payment Now'
  13. Mail the employees' completed fingerprint cards (2 if ink rolled, 1 if live scanned). See address below.

If applying by mail

If you're applying by mail, make sure you use the correct address based on the carrier you're using.

For US Mail (No UPS or FedEx)

Washington State Gambling Commission
PO Box 42400
Olympia WA 98504-2400

For UPS, FedEx, and overnight packages

Washington State Gambling Commission
4565 7th Avenue SE
Lacey WA 98503

Required training and recordkeeping

After we grant your license, you have 30 days to complete your required training:

Please review the following WAC rules thoroughly to ensure that you are in compliance with your activity:

Please review the following handouts:

Use these handouts to help you keep records that meet our standards:

You must:

  • Keep records to provide in case we audit your business
  • Complete the records within 15 days of the last day of each month, every month.

Retaining your records

You must retain the records for 3 years from the end of your fiscal year.

    Current licensees: Add or change your employer

    If you are a licensed distributor representative and want to add or change your employer, complete the following:

    Distributor and Service Supplier Representative Changing Employers Packet (PDF, 300 KB)

    Renewing your license

    Licenses expire each year. Learn more about how to renew your license.

    Reporting changes to your license

    There are certain changes you must tell us about. Learn how to report changes to your license.