Gambling manager (commercial)

See information about and learn how to apply for a commercial gambling manager license.

Who can apply for a commercial gambling manager license

You must apply for a commercial gambling manager license if you supervise the operation of progressive jackpot pull-tab games.

People who don't need a license

You do not need a manager license if you are a(n):

  • Owner
  • Partner
  • LLC manager
  • Officer
  • Substantial interest holder.

Learn what a substantial interest holder is (

About commercial gambling managers

Visit the Washington State Legislature site to see all the rules that govern commercial gambling managers (

How to apply

You may apply online (preferred) or by mail.

In addition to all the materials outlined in our licensing process, the complete application includes:

Applying online

Commercial gambling manager applications are available online. Your employer must have a SecureAccess Washington (SAW) account with Washington State Gambling Commission's MyAccount services to submit the application on your behalf.

If they don't have a SAW account, learn how to register for SAW.

Employer registered with SAW and ready to apply for a commercial gambling manager license

  1. Log into your WSGC MyAccount through SAW (
  2. Select the 'Employees' tab from the top menu
  3. Select 'Begin a new Individual License Application'
  4. Complete all fields in the application
  5. Select Finish. This will bring you back to the 'Employees' tab
  6. Select 'Upload ID to Employee Apps'
  7. Select 'Upload' and choose file(s) to upload
  8. Write a description, then select 'Upload File(s)'
  9. Once your uploads are completed, select 'Back to Applications'  
  10. Select 'Pay for Completed Application(s) in Shopping Cart'
  11. Select application(s) from list that you want to pay. Select 'Pay this Amount Now'
  12. Enter your checking / saving account information. Select 'Submit Payment Now'
  13. Mail the employees' completed fingerprint cards (2 if ink rolled, 1 if live scanned). See address below.

If applying by mail

If you're applying by mail, make sure you use the correct address based on the carrier you're using.

For US Mail (No UPS or FedEx)

Washington State Gambling Commission
PO Box 42400
Olympia WA 98504-2400

For UPS, FedEx, and overnight packages

Washington State Gambling Commission
4565 7th Avenue SE
Lacey WA 98503

Required training

After we grant your license, you have 30 days to complete your required training:

Review the following videos:

Required recordkeeping

You must:

  • Keep records to provide in case we audit your business
  • Complete the records within 15 days of the last day of each month, every month.

Use this Punch Board / Pull-Tab Records Packet (PDF, 520 KB) to help you keep records that meet our standards.

Retaining your records

You must retain the records for 3 years from the end of your fiscal year.

    Current licensees: Add or change your employer

    If you are a licensed gambling manager and want to add or change your employer, complete the Add / Change Employer Application (PDF, 250).

    Renewing your license

    Licenses expire each year. Learn more about how to renew your license.

    Reporting changes to your license

    There are certain changes you must tell us about. Learn how to report changes to your license.