Gambling manager (charitable or nonprofit)

See information about and learn how to apply for a charitable or nonprofit gambling manager license.

Who can apply for a charitable or nonprofit gambling manager license

You must apply for a charitable or nonprofit gambling manager license if you are an employee or member of a charitable or nonprofit organization who will:

  • Have control to a material degree over a bingo or punch board and pull-tab licensee with gross gambling receipts over $150,000 in their previous licensing year
  • Be responsible for overseeing the operation of electronic raffles:
    • Being on-site during the operation of an electronic raffle
    • Documenting the functionality of the electronic raffle system
    • Observing the manual draw.
  • Be the supervisor of gambling managers who manage:
    • Electronic raffles
    • Bingo with gross gambling receipts over $150,000
    • Punch board and pull-tab licensee with gross gambling receipts over $150,000.
  • Be assigned the highest level of authority by the officers or governing board of directors to manage the day-to-day operations of the organization
  • Be responsible for safeguarding assets purchased with gambling funds and/or managing the disbursement of gambling funds when the organization:
    • Is licensed to receive more than $300,000 in gross gambling receipts
    • Has established a trust and/or endowment fund to which gambling receipts in excess of $100,000 have been contributed.
  • Be the supervisor of the operation of progressive jackpot pull-tab games.

About charitable / nonprofit gambling managers

Visit the Washington State Legislature site to see all the rules that govern charitable or nonprofit gambling managers (

How to apply

You may apply online (preferred) or by mail.

In addition to all the materials outlined in our licensing process, the complete application includes:

Applying online

Charitable or nonprofit gambling manager applications are available online. Your employer must have a SecureAccess Washington (SAW) account with Washington State Gambling Commission's MyAccount services to submit the application on your behalf.

If they don't have a SAW account, learn how to register for SAW.

Employer registered with SAW and ready to apply for a charitable or nonprofit gambling manager license

  1. Log into your WSGC MyAccount through SAW (
  2. Select the 'Employees' tab from the top menu
  3. Select 'Begin a new Individual License Application'
  4. Complete all fields in the application
  5. Select Finish. This will bring you back to the 'Employees' tab
  6. Select 'Upload ID to Employee Apps'
  7. Select 'Upload' and choose file(s) to upload
  8. Write a description, then select 'Upload File(s)'
  9. Once your uploads are completed, select 'Back to Applications'  
  10. Select 'Pay for Completed Application(s) in Shopping Cart'
  11. Select application(s) from list that you want to pay. Select 'Pay this Amount Now'
  12. Enter your checking / saving account information. Select 'Submit Payment Now'
  13. Mail the employees' completed fingerprint cards (2 if ink rolled, 1 if live scanned). See address below.

If applying by mail

If you're applying by mail, make sure you use the correct address based on the carrier you're using.

For US Mail (No UPS or FedEx)

Washington State Gambling Commission
PO Box 42400
Olympia WA 98504-2400

For UPS, FedEx, and overnight packages

Washington State Gambling Commission
4565 7th Avenue SE
Lacey WA 98503

Required training

After we grant your license, you have 30 days to complete your required training:


    Punch boards and pull-tabs

    Please review the following videos:


    Required recordkeeping

    You must:

    • Keep records to provide in case we audit your business
    • Complete the records within 30 days of the last day of each month, every month.


    The following handouts are recordkeeping requirements for your activity:

    Punch boards and pull-tabs

    Use this Punch Board / Pull-Tab Records Packet (PDF, 520 KB) to help you keep records that meet our standards.


    Use this Raffle Recordkeeping Packet (PDF, 250 KB) to help you keep records that meet our standards.

    Retaining your records

    You must retain the records for 3 years from the end of your fiscal year.

      Current licensees: Add or change your employer

      If you are a licensed gambling manager and want to add or change your employer, complete the Add / Change Employer Application (PDF, 250 KB).

      Renewing your license

      Licenses expire each year. Learn more about how to renew your license.

      Reporting changes to your license

      There are certain changes you must tell us about. Learn how to report changes to your license.