If you are a bona fide charitable or nonprofit organization, you may offer unlicensed bingo activities in certain circumstances, and may also apply to offer licensed bingo games.
"Bingo game" means a game using bingo cards where bingo balls are drawn to determine a winner. All bingo games must have a winner determined by the matching of numbers on a bingo card with numbers on the balls called by the operator.
Unlicensed bingo games
You may offer a maximum of two unlicensed raffle, bingo, or amusement game events per calendar year. You may offer one of different types of activities, but the total number of unlicensed events cannot exceed two for the year.
- You may allow the public to participate in the activity, as well as members of your organization
- Liquor and firearms must not be awarded as prizes
- Records must be kept for one year
- Notify local police at least five days in advance
- Bingo and amusement games can be offered up to 12 consecutive days
- Gross revenues (money taken in) to the organization from all the activities together do not exceed $5,000 during any calendar year.
Licensed bingo games
You must have a gambling license if:
- You want to offer more than two public raffles, bingo, or amusement game events in a calendar year
- The combined gross revenue from your two unlicensed public raffles, bingo, or amusement game events will exceed $5,000 in a calendar year.
If you would like to apply for a bingo license, complete and submit the 'Bingo Game - Charitable / Nonprofit Organization Application Packet'.
If you are currently licensed and would like to add bingo as a new activity, complete the ‘Add an Activity’ application.
Please complete and submit the following forms:
You must complete training within 30 days of the effective date of your license. Review the following rules and handouts thoroughly to ensure that you are in compliance with your activity:
- 230-06 Rules for all licensees (app.leg.wa.gov)
- 230-07 Charitable and nonprofit rules (app.leg.wa.gov)
- 230-10 Bingo rules (app.leg.wa.gov)
- Bingo Training Presentation (PDF, 20 MB)
- Criminal Violations (PDF, 25 KB)
In addition to the above training for your activity, you must also review the following:
- Charitable / Nonprofit Gambling – Responsibilities of Officers and Board Members Video, Part 1 (www.youtube.com)
- Charitable / Nonprofit Gambling – Responsibilities of Officers and Board Members Video, Part 2 (www.youtube.com)
- Management Guidelines for the Charitable / Nonprofit Gambling Licensee (PDF, 550 KB)
The following handouts are recordkeeping requirements for your activity:
- Bingo Records – Gross Receipts Up To $150,000 (PDF, 80 MB)
- Daily Bingo Records – Standard Format - Gross Receipts Between $150,000 and $650,000 (PDF, 750 KB)
- Daily Bingo Records – Games over $650,000 in Gross Receipts - Supplemental Recordkeeping Packet (PDF, 550 KB)