Fund-raising event (FRE) (reno / casino nights)
If you are a bona fide charitable or nonprofit organization, you may apply to offer fund-raising event activities.
You must apply for a separate FRE license for each event you wish to hold.
Types of FRE licenses
- One event not to exceed twenty-four consecutive hours
- One event not to exceed seventy-two consecutive hours.
- FREs held by a collective of more than one bona fide charitable or nonprofit organization
- A joint FRE will count as one event only for the lead organization(s) receiving 50% or more of the net receipts for the purposes of the number of such events an organization may conduct each year.
- One limited FRE not to exceed six consecutive hours.
How to apply for a FRE license online
FRE applications are available online. You must have a SecureAccess Washington (SAW) account with Washington State Gambling Commission's MyAccount services to submit your application.
Please complete and submit the following forms:
|Form Name||Form Number|
|Fund-Raising Event (Standard, Limited, or Joint) Application Packet||GC4pkt-090|
You must complete training within 30 days of the effective date of your license. Review the following rules and handout thoroughly to ensure that you are in compliance with your activity:
- 230-06 Rules for all licensees (app.leg.wa.gov)
- 230-07 Charitable and nonprofit rules (apps.leg.wa.gov)
- 230-09 Fund-raising event rules (apps.leg.wa.gov).
- Criminal Violations (PDF, 25 KB).
In addition to the above training for your activity, you must also review the following:
- Charitable / Nonprofit Gambling – Responsibilities of Officers and Board Members Video, Part 1 (www.youtube.com)
- Charitable / Nonprofit Gambling – Responsibilities of Officers and Board Members Video, Part 2 (www.youtube.com)
- Management Guidelines for the Charitable / Nonprofit Gambling Licensee (PDF, 550 KB).
The following handouts are a recordkeeping requirement for your activity:
- Fund-Raising Event Records packet (PDF, 1.8 MB)
- Limited Fund-Raising Event Records packet (PDF, 150 KB)
- Checklist for Fund-Raising Event Inspection (PDF, 60 KB).