General EGL Information
Tribal-State Gaming Compact
Hardware Delivery Instructions
These guidelines are intended to clarify Electronic Gambling Lab procedures for receiving game test hardware. Failure to follow the guidelines may result in delivery refusal and submission disapproval.
- Contact EGL personnel and coordinate the delivery as early as possible prior to arrival onsite.
- Manufacturers are responsible for ensuring all hardware can be delivered from a delivery vehicle to the 2nd floor EGL office.
- The building does not have a loading dock so large heavy items will generally require a vehicle with a lift gate. Dimensions for the elevator are 81”H x 41”W, stair door 83”H x 34”W, and the door into the EGL office 83”H x 46”W.
- Manufacturers should make sure that enough personnel are available to transport all hardware.
- Because of liability and safety, EGL staff is not available to assist in moving or transporting most large gaming hardware devices.
- All hardware delivered to EGL must be unpacked and set up by the Manufacturer.
- All packing materials must be disposed of by the manufacturer, unless other arrangements are made.
- When removing hardware from EGL, the manufacturer is responsible for packing up and removal.
Approved Testing Labs
In compliance with Appendix X2 Section 10.1 State and Tribal Compact, for a lab to become Washington-Approved it must:
- Be licensed by the Washington State Gambling Commission as a Service Supplier; and
- Demonstrate competency and qualification to conduct scientific test and evaluations of gaming systems.
To demonstrate scientific competency and qualification, a lab must:
- Develop and submit test scripts to the Commission’s Electronic Gambling Lab (EGL) for the testing of Appendix X System & related components; and
- Provide a sample of approval/certification documentation to EGL (Properly Identifying components); Using software verification and/or hardware verifications; and
- Provide proof to EGL of having tested other electronic gambling equipment; and
- Provide proof to EGL that you possess electronic verification equipment and/or Software.